The University of Hong Kong is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using U-Vision’s online submission system, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 11, 2012.
Those who are eligible to submit content to U-Vision are limited to members of any HKU faculty/department/organization and Students' Union. These members must have a valid HKU email account.
- Name and username
- Which particular office that the user belongs to (faculty/department/organization or student association)
- Contact information including email address
- Data on the content files that the user submits for broadcasting
We require this information in particular for the following reasons:
- To perform authentication checking on whether you are an eligible user
- To verify that you have authorization to submit content to U-Vision for broadcasting on behalf of your registered office
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information as statistical data on how to improve our services
- When in need, we may use your information to contact you on any issues regarding your submission
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email at uvision(at)hku(dot)hk . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that is stored on U-Vision’s online submission system.
U-Vision’s online submission system may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.